Should you get a dental veneer? Well, dental veneers have been the popular choice for most celebrities when it comes for their teeth. It has been evident that the service is the go-to procedure for those who want a better smile. However, does this mean that you too should get it if you’re in need of smile makeover? This article will talk about a dental veneer and the advantages and disadvantages that it has.
Should You Get a Dental Veneer?
To determine whether or not you should get a dental veneer, we must first look at the pros and cons of the service.
- A dental veneer is much more conservative in space and placement when compared to another popular service – dental crowns. Thanks to it’s thin and shell-like nature, dental veneers are able to place without much of the original tooth being shaved off. This makes placing and getting a dental veneer a lot easier and quicker.
- Dental veneers also have a lot of cosmetic upgrade for such a small shape. It can effectively whiten your teeth as well as change its shape and even straighten it out. Of course, the service must never be seen as the best alternative for treating orthodontic issues, that job is for braces.
- Even though it’s small and thin, dental veneers are still capable of fixing and protecting chipped or cracked teeth. That is the core function of the procedure and it remains to do its job effectively to this day.
- Compared to dental crowns, a dental veneer is a lot more expensive. The average price of a dental veneer in the Philippines starts at Php 12,000. On the other hand, dental crowns cost Php 9,000 for their starting price. It doesn’t sound that much of a jump but it’s still quite high.
- A dental veneer is not capable of fixing severely damaged teeth especially molars. This means that their usage is limited and must not be used for every case of damaged teeth.
Should You Get One?
If dealing with a cracked or chipped incisor and want a cosmetic upgrade as well, then going for a dental veneer is worth the money. However, if you can’t afford it then having a standard composite restoration service can be done.
So, should you get a dental veneer? Well, the best way to determine that is to talk to your dentist about it. Your dentist can give you the info and insight needed to make the right decision. Doing so will save you time and effort in the future when you do need the procedure.